If there’s one particularly famous cigar factory in Havana, it’s Partagás. It is located on Calle de la Industria 520, just behind the Capitol building, in the heart of the city.
The manufactory was opened by Don Jaime Partagás in 1845 and has been continuously producing cigars that bear his name.
A Partagás can be recognized immediately by their heavy and earthy aromas, which intensely reflect the lush character of the classic Habanos.
The character of these cigars goes back to tobaccos from the Vuelta Abajo region, which are selected for their unmistakable richness in taste and aromas.
Partagás are available in a wide range of shapes and formats. The most famous are the “Series D No. 4“, the legendary “Lusitania” and the “8-9-8”, a cigar that gets its name from the way it is arranged in the box.
All formats are ‘totalmente a mano, tripa larga’ – long fillers made entirely by hand.